View Single Post
Old 02-24-18, 07:25 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
I headed out around noon time, shortly afterwards the sun was obscured by the grey clouds. It was still a gorgeous 58 mile ride on my newish cross bike. I managed to get my first flat of 2018 in Sudburry. I stopped and walked about 100 yards backwards to a park/ baseball field with benches. After a few minutes and about 100 pump strokes I was back rolling. Eventually I made it to Maynard where I stopped at Ray and Sons bike shop to get another patch kit for just-in-case of another mishap today. The guy in there is very friendly and nice. He blessed my R3 with holy water a few years ago when I stopped in for the same reason as I did today. Despite that the frame still broke last year. I must have crossed paths with a dozen or so riders but no familiar beards or faces. I did engage in a fun and impromptu "street race" in Stow with 2 other roadies who I can assume also enjoyed the spirit of the moment. As I rolled into Acton I had an oh-crap moment as I felt a few drops. Mid 40's with no rain gear and miles from home can be daunting. Thankfully steady rain never materialized. Eventually I rolled through Concord Center and on up Lowell st with thoughts of taking a break at Ferns on my mind. Instead I continued on towards home feeling strong enough to get home before bonking. A few more smiles and waves to be shared before the glorious moment of opening the garage door to revel in an afternoon well spent.