View Single Post
Old 02-26-18, 03:46 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
We also need a system that doesn't only concern itself only with if you can follow laws, but also that you can control a vehicle at its limits. I now do vehicle testing, this spring I have to go through a week long plus drivers school where I learn to control at their limits, and then must demonstrate that I can do so in a fast manner under a variety of conditions. Any old idiot can run around in a car safely when someone is sitting over their shoulder with a clipboard, few actually know how to react when they hit that spot of black ice and the car starts to slip.

Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
That is, when they actually require you to take the test. The last time I renewed my license a few years back I didn't even have to test.
Just turned 32, so I've had a license half my life. Haven't been retested once, which is quite ridiculous IMO. Not going to even get into the joke of a system that did nothing but made sure I knew shouldn't drink and drive when I got my motorcycle endorsement.

Originally Posted by 02Giant
I don't believe this is a consideration of Judges and/or Juries. There are currently many modes of transportation available to those without a license.
Not in much of the country. Like it or not, we developed a car-centric system of transport.

Last edited by jefnvk; 02-26-18 at 04:03 PM.