View Single Post
Old 02-27-18, 02:36 PM
bp2k8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
Right now I don't own a bicycle. The roads are icy and I've got a breathing problem right now. For some reason my body isn't absorbing oxygen as it should. New medications are being tried and perhaps it will be handled soon.

When spring comes I want to get a Kickbike. I really like the physical motion used to propel those more than bicycling. I used a Xootr for many years. I stopped using it because the tiny wheels got caught on a tall crack one time and I was injured in a fall. My reflexes weren't fast enough to prevent it. A Kickbike has bicycle size wheels which would easily roll over such sidewalk cracks and holes. https://www.kickbikeus.com/

One key to being stealthy is to have a nondescript vehicle like a clean minivan. Another way to remain hidden is to park near apartment buildings because new people come and go all the time in such a neighborhood. Nobody knows anybody. Plus parking in front of an apartment building doesn't bother anybody. Parking in front of somebody's house can draw attention if it's done often. Don't leave your vehicle in one spot. Even if you park in the same neighborhood regularly you should leave it every day just like everybody else does when they go to work. There are lots of other things that can be done to remain invisible but those are the important ones. If I eventually do get a small RV trailer such stealth parking will be impossible.

That explains it I used to park in abandoned or empty back of grocery store type parking lots. I figured it was quaint enough however your advice makes more sense but man sometimes those apartment areas are noisy or too much commotion in and out! I think the minivan helps a lot too. I just could never find one for a good price as I care more about bikes I do tilt my hat to you as it truly does help improve ones mindset to learn these aspects.