Old 03-05-18, 01:19 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 2,966 Times in 1,822 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
^ that's me (1978). My first computer had 64Kb of RAM (Commodore) now my phone has 4GB...
As someone born in '79 but who lived out in the boonies (too far for cable, too many trees for satellite), I really don't fit it with a lot of the GenX as I missed out on a lot of their cultural references that whole angst and ennui thing that made up the early 90's but definitely am not a millenial, so that works for me too. Our family computer was that commodore 64 right until I went to college in 1997 (I got a computer for the folks and taught them how to use it with a dial up connection through the school my mom taught at so they could use this new "e-mail" thing to communicate with me). I still remember coming home for Christmas my sophomore year (I think) of college and having to stop my dad from using his pocket knife to cut the mouse cord because the ball in the mouse (remember those) had gotten all gummed up and kept jumping all around rather than tracking smoothly. Had to teach him how to pull it and clean it off.

The wife and I have been watching "Everything Sucks" on Netflix (just started last night) and it seems so true to our youth.