Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Clythio
Uau... - it's portuguese.. :-)
just add the www etc

facebook.com/JeffreyHooglandNL/videos/1417452288382002/

Thanks! I didn't get to see the ride.

I once heard a roadie comment, "It's only 4 laps. How hard can it be?"

I don't speak Dutch (?). But, there is a point in the video when Hoogland collapses motionless on the ground and the commentator says, what I interpret to be, "This is the Kilometer."

That pretty much sums it up.

It's a brutal event. And if you do it right, it'll make you swear-off track racing for life

It's a shame that the Time Trial and the Individual Pursuit are no longer Olympic events. It's evident by this week that progression is still being made in the events and athletes still care about them.

Originally Posted by taras0000
This is known as the water-line of the track. Basically if you ran a 360 degree laser level around the track, this would be an average linebiyh above and below the black. For those riders who don't want to gain Any elevation.
Ha. I've heard that term before in this context. But, I assumed that all properly designed tracks* had the black line at that point and this technique still applies.

*DLV is an exception, as it literally has an uphill straight and a downhill straight (lol). It's a 100w difference for me to maintain the same warmup pace on the two.

Last edited by carleton; 03-05-18 at 09:23 PM.