ReclusiveOne

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Workcycles Kruisframe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Returning to BikeForums, returning to car free

Hey all.

I was on this forum a number of years ago under a different username, do not even remember what it was. At the time I was living in DC and was without a car, moved around a bit and got a car again during the moves. Moved to my current place in N. Indiana a few years ago and replaced the car I had been driving with a new car. Fast forward to not too long ago and in the several years I owned the car I had averaged about 1000 miles a year total on it. And then got in an accident while travelling. Car got totaled by the insurance company and I decided to give up on owning a car unless I decide it just is utterly untenable for me.

Currently own just a Specialized Sirrus from '05 or '06 that I've equipped with trekking bars over the original straight bars, but I've got a Workcycles Kruisframe on order, so hopefully I'll get that within the next few weeks and that can take over commuting and in town duties and use the Sirrus for longer rides until I can get a better dedicated road bike. I actually today replaced the bar wrap on my bike, first time I've done it myself, here's hoping it doesn't unwind, the bike store installed wraps I had before started loosening pretty quick.

For living, where I am is actually pretty good, a couple groceries within a couple blocks, work is about 1 mile away and I can easily walk even when I don't feel like riding. My town itself isn't that huge, maybe 5 miles across the most populated areas of town so really it isn't bad getting around on bike. I am unfortunately out of practice on the bike and the winds right now are killing me.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Hope to stick around for awhile.