ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Get one with a good, dedicated graphics card or you will probably hate it. Or just get apple TV and go that route - it's not perfect but it's good enough for government work and it's very inexpensive relatively speaking.
I am currently using a different laptop which is actually below the minimum spec, so that part I am not worried about. The only problem with that laptop is that I use it for multiple purposes, and to get started I need to haul it upstairs together with the power adapter. Something like my work laptop would probably work well - I could just take that model number and look for a used one of those (it has a nVidia GPU, in addition to the basic Intel graphics).

We have no Apple products in our house. If I went that route, I would be worried about all kinds of horrible compatibility problems that can only be solved by purchasing additional Apple products. And for that matter, I would need a different stand - right now I just have a sort of laptop stand by the handlebars - a TV would require a different way of mounting things.