View Single Post
Old 03-09-18, 03:20 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,266 Times in 690 Posts
It was surprisingly mild weather today and I had a day off to prepare for a trip...
so time to work on the bike!

I had ordered the missing bits for the VO campeur front rack I bought off someone but they needed to be cut to size:

Lovely with that Weinmann fender. <3
(Clickable for large picture)

The screw connecting the rack to the fender might need some spacers but then again I prefer running my fenders a little bit less tight than you Americans seem to do.
Solid connection though.

Further on I took off the FD and the headset bearings on the fork to give them a good clean in the ultrasonic cleaner and lube everything again.
Good thing too because the bearing were pretty dry. The Tange Seiki headset is still pretty shiny after a good clean.

Another thing was the seat post.
It was scratched up pretty badly by someone who seems to have dropped it all the way down and then wiggled it to get it back up.
Some 600 grit dry/wet sandpaper and silver polish and it's nice and shiny again. Not a mirror finish but I don't think I have the right materials for that right now.

Now together with Raleigh Mixte 20-30 tubing frameset I picked up for free today it has been a pretty bicycle-productive day.

Last edited by JaccoW; 03-09-18 at 03:32 PM.