Old 03-09-18, 09:31 PM
Fjl229

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
You are operating in a theoretical world where your "ownership" of the lane is binary. The fact of the matter is that when you do things that appear to be unjust, driver's are more likely to put your life at risk with the way they drive in reaction. When you signal that you are creating the most passable grouping of riders possible, drivers will react more reasonably to an inability to pass, and will pass you later with more clearance and less acceleration.

Ultimately, you are like the Chinese guy trying to stop the tanks in Tienanmen Square. Your righteousness does not translate into any sort of protection from 4000 pound cars. But your good behavior buys the same from drivers.

It takes seconds for 4 riders to go from abreast to a line. If the group is much larger, than hopefully the road chosen for the ride was carefully selected for its low traffic.

Not the way to start on the right foot with me or anyone else, here. You should make this a learning moment and not repeat this kind of behavior.
You need to stop misunderstanding and read the words written. What I’ve presented *is* backed by top cycling rights advocates. These are not ideas I invented.

Enough with the “new guy” stuff and “learning” experiences too. You have some things to learn yourself. Your lack of understanding, as that of others here is not benefiting cyclists using the roadways. The reason I asked if you’d ever even ridden a bikes because your posts clearly communicated you didn’t understand fundamental key concepts about bicycling. Search for “cyclist inferiority”

Other posters supporting you are no better. Insisting one driving a bicycle on the roadway with cars is equivalent to Tiananmen Square is asinine too. The virus of fear and irrationality is evident.

I’ve wondered for years why most cycling advocates come and go from this site and now I see why. Many have done great things and made great sacrifices for all of us too. You’re welcome.

A colleague once called it “the peanut gallery” of cycling discussion forums. It’s quite appropriate.