View Single Post
Old 03-11-18, 09:32 AM
rEVOLVED

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Bianchi Thoughts

My first and only FG is a Bianchi Pista that I found on CL for $200 last year. I finally got some new tires on it last night (25c Rubino), which was my first ever tire change. Feeling pretty accomplished! The bike is chrome, and whoever owned it before me stripped off all the decals and the chrome looks like junk. I'll probably do some aluminum foil and coke or vinegar and clean it up soon. I've been trying to spec it out lately to see how it stacks up against newer bikes or components that I'm looking at.

After my tire change last night, I noticed that it has All-City hubs, which I'm guessing are rebranded Novatecs. The decal on the rim was removed, but judging by the shape of the wheel and the shape of the decal smudge, I'm fairly certain they are Velocity Deep V. The cranks are Truvativ Touro, and I'm hoping the 170 stamped on the back of the arm refers to the length, because it would be nice to be certain what I was getting used to riding. Besides this, the bike has a Charge Spoon saddle that is working out just fine for now, and all I really need to make it more ideal is a set of compact drops and corresponding brakes/levers.

I'm just rambling now, but I would love any and all feedback about what I'm riding, and how it might stack up to something a little nicer. I've been looking into Wabi a lot for my next bike, or something else in the $800-$1000 range for a steel FG.

Can't decide if this bike is worth upgrading drivetrain and wheelset, or if I should just chill on the upgrades and ride this bike more until I can do a frame upgrade.