View Single Post
Old 03-11-18, 04:22 PM
rEVOLVED

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FrenchFit
I am a Bianchi road bike rider, but glad not to have that Pista anymore. I found it NOS and was very happy that I sold it for what I bought it for, which I think was about $450. Again, the chrome & decals were perfect.

I didn't like it much, the tubing felt too thin for me...I concluded it was a good bike for lightweights in smaller sizes, and that's not me. i wouldn't put a dime into that particular bike.
Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts. Just got back from a 25 mile ride and definitely need to figure out my next purchase soon. The Pista mostly gets my needs met, but I am not in love. The new 25c Rubinos help a bunch, but it came with these wonky "bullhorns" that are actually sawed off drops upside down. They are absolutely terrible after 20 miles. I know it only comes up here and there with slower turns, but the toe overlap is also gnarly.

One option would be getting road or compact drops with the right brakes set up to tide me over until I can afford a nicer frame. This might get me through summer, which will likely consist of shorter rides with more frequent stops since I'm in AZ. But that seems wasteful since my new bike will probably be a complete and not a frame that I add components to. Options options. Or I could just convince my wife to let me buy the Wabi that I want now! Especially if I sell the Pista for a few hundred.