Old 03-11-18, 06:37 PM
ninja2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bearing puller

Originally Posted by canamdad
I have both UT & PT cranksets on different bikes. UT is easier to pull out but need a bearing puller with thin feet if you want to replace bearings. I haven't needed to do that - mine are fine and going on 10 years now. PT (that is to say specifically a Veloce PT, there now seem to be some variations on the PT design) requires a puller to get the NDS crank arm off so another specific tool for that. Park makes a set that services both types of cranks. I don't see any reason in the near future to have the tools but if I have to service them at some point in time, I'll be faced either with tool investment or take them to a LBS.

same case with me, but if you ever need to remove power crank, search automotive tools; i bought the puller for $28 some years back, for the alternator bearings removal. worked like a charm, i did it just to see if it was ok and it was perfect. probably will never use it, i don't even remember where i left it....
OTC (1022) Mechanical Grip-O-Matic Puller - 2 Ton, 2 Jaw (Reversible Jaws)

amazon has the above, mine is similar, stronger than park tool; if interested, i can check what i got , it must be somewhere in my storage. cheers