I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Anyway, this is getting too far into P&R territory so I wonder why you always raise P&R topics in LCF but never post anything in P&R.
Perhaps in response to your non-stop P&R ranting on this list

Obviously the problem is there's always smoke and mirrors to influence investors, but saying diminishing hope for better transit in the US is smoke and mirrors to reinforce the idea of inelastic automotive demand in the US, which is what the world banks on to keep its pension funds growing.
What it comes down to is this: there is not enough money to pay everyone involved in transit to drive a car, but that's the way the economy is set up. So as long as everyone gets paid a driving wage, transit investments will be too high to make transit work. But if many people were willing to make the LCF sacrifice, then it would become affordable to make these investments in public transit sufficient to cover the costs.

But as long as automotive interests can discourage transit by advertising expensive projects that will eventually fail due to high-costs, the money that does get invested will just funnel back into the automotive economy, which is good for automotive business-as-usual.