Old 03-12-18, 05:40 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Generally we haven't had any problems getting bikes inside, sometimes it's a matter of explaining it's not just a bicycle, but that your holiday would be ruined by having your transport stolen. I was pretty paranoid in the states, there were quite a few homeless dudes on the west coast coveting my previous bike, a not too flash MTB with all the racks they'd need to carry their gear. I'm also in the situation when I've now got a major case of Grandpa's axe going on, I started out on my original 1992 MTB frame, built some cheap wheels, bought discount parts etc etc gradually swapping out bits and pieces, now I think the only common bit is the headlight!... and grandpa's axe is now a chainsaw, Rohloff (which suck BTW) disc brakes, touring specific frame SON dynohub yadda yadda. Most of which I got cheap by waiting for bargains. But I've pulled all the branding stickers off and tried to make it look as ratty as possible to deter the casual thief. Makes it harder to explain to a Japanese hotel owner that "yes, this is a 400,000yen bicycle" Could I go go back to my original bike, yeah, I think I've just accidentally overcapitalised.