Old 01-09-06, 05:14 PM
TallyBikeCamp

Bikes: Litespeed Appalachian, Schwinn Le Tour Lux, Trek double cross tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Information Needed

I am planning a 2 week loaded bicycle camping tour of the Texas Hill Country. I have the Rand McNally
Texas Hill Country map. My route is Austin, Wimberley, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Bandera, Hondo, Boerne,
San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos, and back to Austin. Do I need county maps of some or all of the involved counties? Will the city of Austin bicycle map be useful to me? Are there any other maps I would need or be useful. I will be camping in campgrounds where possible. If there is no campground in the area I plan to put my tent up wherever I can. I will be traveling by myself (unless any slim ladies volunteer).

I will be arriving by bus to Austin's Greyhound station near Highland Mall and I-35. Where is the nearest bike shop so I can get my bike and trailer put back together? Is that a good bike shop?

I am attempting to check out the Texas Hill Country area as a potential retirement site. Am I looking at the correct towns? Do I need to eliminate or add any other towns? Does two weeks sound like a sensible amount of time for this endevour? I ride up to about 40 miles per day currently and would expect to pick up some additional capabilities by the end of this trip.

Is there any other information that you would think might be useful to me?

Thanks much,

Lee R. Stork