Old 03-19-18, 02:52 AM
raria

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Very comprehensive. A question

That sounds like a very comprehensive fit.

I've always wondered how much of what you learnt from this fit can be transfered to another bike? Does the fitter give you any information you can take away with your or do you have to come back to them if you use another bike, get another pair of shoes, change your saddle etc.

Originally Posted by Harumph
Had my fit and so far so good. Took about two hours and he really gave my the once over.

First I was interviewed to learn what type of rider I was and then a flexibility test. He then took measurements of my legs and so forth. He also placed marks on my knees and legs. Next I was on the bike peddling where he had several cameras pointed at me. There was a big screen in front of me where I could see myself peddling at different angles. The software he used enabled him to project the angles of my legs and hips on the screen.

Next he place a cover with a bunch of wires over my saddle and then had me pedal again. I could then see the pressure points of my derriere as I peddled. I had more pressure on the left side due to my left leg slightly shorter than my right. Because of this I’ve always had some saddle soreness on that side after a long ride. He tweaked my handle bars, brake hoods, seat height and fore and aft position.

Next he took my shoes and readjusted the cleats. He placed spacers under the cleats to take up the shorter reach of my left leg. He then ask me to hop off the bike where we went into another room and had me stand barefooted on a machine with a spongy foot bed for custom orthotics. Once they were fabricated and inserted into my shoes it was back on the bike again. A couple of more minor tweaks and I was finished.

I took my new ride for its first 50 mile ride yesterday. The orthotics are worth the money alone. Like others have said it felt different at first. I had more power on the flats but the climbs felt like I was using different muscles. I know this will return after I ride a little more. Did 51.76 miles with a 19.65 average. Not too bad considering I haven’t ridden much this year. Finished out the day with a nice ribeye and glass of wine. After that I was toast.

All in all I’m satisfied and can’t wait to start logging more miles.

Harumph