View Single Post
Old 03-19-18, 08:39 AM
ill.clyde

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Got the bike back from it's overhaul, managed to finagle a spare trainer wheel with cassette for around $70 from my LBS after he did my overhaul. I'm super pleased with this shop. As it turns out, my wife was with me when I went to pick up the bike and new wheel (which I didn't want, because the overhaul, two new cassettes, a new tire and a new wheel cost more than I anticipated to spend and I didn't want her to hear the total LOL), and we were making small talk with the owner. Turns out she knows people he knows (we live in a small town) and he started to tell us about life changes he made, cutting back sodas, quitting drinking, etc and then my wife started talking about the changes she's making (she's down 11 pounds and I'm super proud of her at this point).

Anyway, she mentioned that her original reward at goal weight was going to be a diamond, but then she rethought that and wants a road bike so that we can ride together. Which of course thrills me to no end. And he casually mentioned he took a Trek frame in on trade, and built it up with new/used goodies, that would fit her. Her eyes got wide and we asked him to show it to us.

Same year as mine, same model (1.2) in the Women's Specific Design and a price that was absolutely fair given it's state and recent updgrades.

After thinking about it I texted him this morning and told him we'll take it. I pick it up tomorrow. Wife is already peppering me with questions about riding.

I'm pretty geeked.

Is it N+1 if it gets your wife riding with you?