View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 09:11 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Hats off to pastor Bob on the accomplishment. It must take a lot of dedication to stay on the trainer for that long.
I've finally set up the new trainer I got for Christmas (Kurt Kinetic Road Machine). Between the unseasonably nice weather and the fact that I had to rearrange a spare bedroom/storage room to make a place for it, it kept getting put off. I have the bike facing a TV and DVD player connected to my old stereo (the good one). I'll be working my way through a huge collection of unseen DVDs and my CD collection to try to keep me awake as I ride through the winter.
I rode for 15 minutes last night and for 30 tonight. It seems odd that anyone would refer to work on a trainer in terms of miles, particularly to combine trainer miles with real road miles. I don't see the similarity. To me, the road is distance and the trainer is time. Not to devalue the time spent on the trainer. It is definitely hard work, harder than some rides. I'm glad I have the trainer and I think it will help me go into Spring in a lot better condition, but it's not riding miles.