View Single Post
Old 03-24-18, 03:05 AM
Brob2

Bikes: Opus Staccatto

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm with Trojan on this. I am exactly 6' 2" and have a 31 3/4" inseam, and a 35 3/4 sleeve, so I'm a little apish. I'm generally in between sizes too, but my 61 cm Norco was too big for me and I'm much happier on my Opus 59cm. I rode each for years. Because I'm apish the experts say I should go bigger in off sized bikes, but that is not what I'm comfortable on. Test ride that bike for as long as you can and if it feels good with the stock stem then that bike is your ticket. If you are comfortable on the 59, (I'm guessing your arms aren't freakishly long eg over 36") I think it's a mistake to be talked into the bigger bike. It's like the guy at Harry Rosen who ordered me a pair of size 13' wides from Allen Edmond's 'cause that's what the chart said, when my heart knew the 13's I tried at the store were too small.

I'm 55, have degenerative disk disease, ride a somewhat relaxed position, and hated my 61cm. I didn't ride it enough before I bought it. Know in your head you're comfortable with whichever one you buy, or make sure you can return it after a week or whatever.

Last edited by Brob2; 03-24-18 at 03:07 AM. Reason: not grammar goodly.