Old 03-24-18, 05:06 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Yeah, my example is sort of hyperbolic, but I think it’s valid to show how unrelated a time trial is frim a head to head race.

Further, the fact that your friends get a kick out of watching both the F200 and the sprint tournament can be used to support my idea that the two events could be separated into two that award a champion.

I think we can easily envision a regional championship where therein are 2 events:

- Flying 200 TT where riders get 3 runs and throw out the worst time.
- A 1 or 2 day round robin then semifinal (final four) bracket sprint tournament.

Both events would provide great excitement.
I wouldn't make the F200 it's own event, simply for the fact that the IOC decided to eliminate the Kilo and that was one of the most popular draws in track cycling. Something has to be said about getting a single shot at somehting and having everything ride on that. The stakes are higher. Here the stakes on your qualifying ride are the chance to compete.

Also, to make it it's own event would eliminate it as a sprint event. Track cycling seems to be the easy place for the elimination of events when it comes to IOC medals, and no one eliminated any endurance events. I would keep things the same just to preserve the sprint side of cycling.