Old 03-27-18, 06:16 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrion
I don't want an extra device to keep charged and worry about. If it's passive, cheap, and lightweight (like a reflector), then I'd get one for extra safety. But the onus shouldn't be on me to buy stuff to address shortcomings in AV technology.

AV's should be able to sense people on or off bikes.
I do agree, the person on bike should not have to take any onus for this tech - Car companies and companies that want to have driver-less cars need to fund these devices if that's gonna be a thing.*

Like I posted earlier, I believe the on bike devise should be simple like the Dero ZAP - it's a simple sensor on your spokes, no need to charge them.

Here's a promo video showing the tech:

*edit/afterthought/footnote - It's not a big deal for somebody like me (a tech-geek with disposable income) to get one more device, but think about the large number of people that bike for economic reasons, who's going to pay for the sensors to be added to their bikes? Are those people simply disposable in our brave new world?

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 03-27-18 at 06:33 AM.