Old 03-27-18, 08:35 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked 2,497 Times in 1,466 Posts
Velo Sports Center LAVRA Time Trials - Kilo: 4 laps of the 250 meter indoor track from a standing start racing as fast as possible.

This was my first competitive Kilo 1:21 PR. We had 15 starters (all ages and genders) but no posted results yet. Video by wife. You cannot see it in the video but on the last lap an 800 pound gorilla came out of nowhere and jumped on my back. I did not ride in the most aero position since I decided to trade off a little more power versus aero and focused more on keeping my head turtled.

The back story on why I raced the kilo versus the 500 meters is that UCI is considering changing the masters race length at Worlds this year and all men will race the kilo versus the 500 meters. The Kilo is a better race for me although much harder and I have not been training for it per se.

I broke a 10 year 1 minute power record by 30 watts and set a new all time high heart rate by 5 beats per minute - 186. There goes my excuse that elites' hearts can beat faster than old guys due to aging. Maybe UCI has something in making the change assuming they do not kill us off.