Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 2,496 Times in 1,465 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Nice job Hermes.

The kilo is the most painful race I've ever done.
I thought my legs were going to explode on the last lap when the 800 pound gorilla jumped on my back.

Originally Posted by ntnyln
Nicely done @Hermes!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Ttoc6
I've always wondered what power numbers look like for such short events. Would you mind to give us a range? You don't have to say your number if you don't want.

Also, I could see the pain on that last lap.. IDK what it was, but something in your form changed. I can only imagine how much it takes to hold on and maintain position. Looking back I think I did a 1k tt my first day on the track. Borrowed drop bar bike, time was a 1.35. Don't remember that much about that particular race. I do have a garmin track for the 4k pursuit I did the same day where I borrowed some aerobars and went 6.12. I remember how much that race hurt! It just felt like it kept going..

I miss racing on the track..
I had pretty good execution on that ride meaning, I had a solid start going down track, rode the black line and I rode in a straight line and constant radius in the turns. Small changes in direction especially in the turns scrub speed and the black line is the shortest route around the track. The faster one goes the more small mistakes add up to significant time and squanders power.

Generally, I negative split my pursuit but I positive split this kilo. I rode as hard as I could from the start and just tried to hang on. My power started out very high and then looked like Niagara Falls.

Originally Posted by Heathpack
@Hermes, dude. Nicely done.
Thanks, I sure hope UCI does not change our race to the kilo and the 4k. God help us if they do.