View Single Post
Old 03-28-18, 09:06 AM
DYubeta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
As you are new to bikes, never assume connecting a front brake is easy. There may be a reason someone disconnected it (like the caliper is broken, reach is wrong, lever is broken, or whatever). I typically assume stuff that is disconnected is disconnected for a reason. And the reason is never good.

Sure, worst case for a handy person that can do all of their own work is to head to a co-op and pick up a caliper. Again, getting the right reach is mandatory.

If its an "easy fix", have the seller connect it for you and test it out. If I was the seller, I would do it.

You are right, I should not assume. However, the seller is actually a rookie like me, and says in the posting that he does not have the knowledge to fix it. (Which again, might mean it is not an easy fix) but luckily enough for me, my Co worker actually has tons of knowledge about bikes, used to work in a bike shop, and has offered to help me fix any bike I may find that needs fixing. I will probably end up using that to my advantage!