Old 03-28-18, 03:15 PM
lichtgrau

Bikes: (Ti) Rabbit "soulmate" plus half a dozen "half bikes"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by LV2TNDM
That's surprising that you can't get separate Rohloff hubs in the country where they're located! That's some Scheisse right there! I guess they've negotiated only complete wheel sales in Germany? Probably want to be sure wheel builds are done exactly to their specs to prevent warranty/consumer safety issues like some knucklehead building a radial wheel! Bummer. Same with Schmidt Dynamo Naben? That would be a total bummer as a wheel builder. Oh well, what can you do!

Funny this. They (Rohloff) even have price lists with retail prices. You just can't buy the "Coca Cola Can" separately. Not here in Germany. Unless you know a dealer who's willing to take the "risk". I mean... finally I got their idea: They really want to keep their reputation of a more or less undestroyable (or at least very reliable ;-) hub gears. And they want to be as sure as possible to have someone building a wheel knowing what he's doing
The first challenge for me was to pick the right hub out of a growing variety. Rohloff is trying hard to fit their product into most dropouts. Wasn't sure to find a matching hub for our frame in the beginning but that worked really perfectly with their own measuring and adaptation system. I like...