Thread: My Turn
View Single Post
Old 04-02-18, 09:27 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 2,008 Times in 572 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
Good luck!
If you can, just before you go under, shout out "Did you all wash your hands?"
LOL ... a friend of mine had a similar suggestion: "Measure twice and cut once."

The surgery went well. I have have a stiff splint right now immobilizing the knee. The nasty part is that it goes all the way up my leg, so it's really hard to do anything. Even sitting on a toilet seat is a challenge.

They did a "nerve block" for the pain, and oy ... was that disconcerting. Not only did it numb the pain, it paralyzed my leg to the point where I was wondering if the surgeon mistakenly cut nerves.

But the feeling and motion came back slowly, and with it, the pain. It came on so slowly ... like a growing discomfort instead of pain ... that I didn't realize I was in serious pain and wasn't taking the pain killers. They gave me some opioids, but I'm finding 600 mg of Advil is doing the trick nicely, so I'm sticking with that.

I get this splint off Thursday, and will get one with a joint so I can start PT to work on the range of motion. Looking forward to that. Having this thing is like trying to walk around with a 3 foot erection. Interesting for sure, but not fun!