Old 04-04-18, 09:59 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Liz33
Thank you for your honesty. I understand your point and why they charge fee and how it's used.

My situation is the following. I live in the city but I have a boat 50 miles away in a marina in the river. Every weekend I ride my bike to the boat. I have my own personal goals and schedules of miles I want to complete in a month and yearly etc...
They can also do their event elsewhere and not where I normally ride.
Thank you everyone. I do have my reasons why I asked this, I explained it above quoting one of the responses but it's actually there for everyone wondering why I would want that.

I appreciate those that provided me with answers without judging whether you think it's wrong or not. Now I understand better about these events and all it entails and can make a better decision being more informed. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, I'll think about all your answers and decide.

Thank you for your time.
Nice replies, though I think while you may ride on their venue and schedule, there is no reason for them to change either.

BTW, I note you post your location as “Between northern CA, south Fl, NC and beautiful MT.” I presume you are not in my usual cycling regions of New England or the Great Lakes, both also boating meccas.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…When I was asked while living in Boston a few years before starting my career ,“Where would you like to live?.” my criteria were living near a big body of water, and the ability to live without a car as I had been much of my earlier two-plus decades; and I was already an avid cyclist….

I learned to love the water from the Great Lakes in [my native] Michigan, and the Atlantic Ocean in Boston.
BTW, I don’t list my location under my avatar, but it is “D’uh.”

Jim from Boston
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Whenever I see a series of nested quotes, I think "it's Jim from 'Duh' again."

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 04-04-18 at 10:02 AM.