Old 04-08-18, 05:55 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,648 Times in 829 Posts
My butt is a limiting factor in how long I can ride. I tried a number of different saddles before I found one my butt liked. Good saddles can be expensive and there's no guarantee that you can just go out and buy comfort. You will need to spend some time in the saddle conditioning your tissue. That's inescapable. There are ways to avoid throwing money on top of money at a problem. Some shops have a bin of take-off saddles they will let you try or buy cheap. Certain manufacturers have a demo program. ISM is one of them. You pay a fee to rent a saddle for a week. If you want it, your fee goes toward the purchase price. You can also try another one before you decide. That's how I arrived at the ISM Adamo Typhoon that allowed me to ride my first century.

I can all but guarantee you that an ISM PR 3.0 will transform the bicycling experience for you. They aren't cheap, and for a cheapo like me it was hard to make the leap, but it allowed me to truly enjoy the cycling experience in a way I otherwise would not have.