Thread: Wheel size
View Single Post
Old 04-12-18, 02:57 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 917 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim_Iowa
Unfortunately, I think that's the crux of the problem. You say to yourself "At 5'4", I don't consider myself "extra-small"."
But bike sizes are designed around dudes, even though women are shorter on average. Even Liv, Giant's women-centric subdivision, uses the same notional sizes as their men's bikes.
I wish they would just use an actual measurement, like inches or cm.

Otherwise, I like that bike. Specifically, I like that you chose the rigid fork instead of suspension. The suspension forks on budget bikes are really heavy and poor-performing. You saved a couple pounds with the rigid fork.
Even then I knew better than to get shocks. Annoyingly, after 2016 Giant started putting shocks on all their Roves. WTH?

And yes, I've noticed that "unisex" = "men's". By the Great Bird of the Galaxy, I need a Georgena Terry bike. Someday, when I win the lottery.