Thread: All Things FUJI
View Single Post
Old 04-12-18, 07:52 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageRide
Mounted a Gilles Berthoud 2886 on my '81 S12S - pretty well complete after also going from 38mm Soma B line tires to 42mm Hetres. It's a great riding machine that is my go to bike for most of the cycling I do, says a lot.

Wow. What an amazing build!

So you've gone 650b with fenders on this very wonderful frame? Perfect. Eventually that is my plan for all my 700c bikes, and the 27 inchers that will take it.

One wonders why the original manufacturers didn't think of it. But if course it was the racing mania that overtook all of them during the "bike boom" years. I mean, if you go to larger tires and more comfy geometry on the premium frames, people might not feel compelled to wear all the tight-fitting racer gear and other stuff that the industry has thrived on.

Thanks for the inspiration and validation for my master "Unracer" plan! Er, what's up with the license plate hanging from the saddlebag mount?

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!