Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
Let's break down all these things that could "leak" into your water:
- Plastic water bottle - water contaminated with plastic
- Metal water bottle - water contaminated with metal
- Copper water pipes to you house - water contaminated with copper
- Plastic water pipes to your house - water contaminated with plastic
- Buy water in plastic bottles - water contaminated with plastic
- Water treatment plant - who knows exactly what they put in the water or fail to treat in the water
- Water that's not rainwater in general - could be contaminated with any number of things

Thing is the water you're drinking sits in some sort of container (pipes, water tower, etc) before it comes out of your tap. I don't personally think that changing from a plastic water bottle to a metal water bottle is going to make much of a difference, and every single way we have to hold water in a container has someone saying it's bad for you.

Except glass maybe? Lol, it would be pretty funny to see someone trying to use a glass water bottle on their bike.
+1000000

You also forgot to mention water pipes placed over 100 years ago were lead based and they are releasing toxins today! I can see the lead based pipe from the city going into my basement! I double filter my drinking water with Pure and Zero filtration pitcher. However, the pitcher is made of plastic!! LOL! I can't win!

I also forgot to mention all the fluoride in our drinking water we ingest is incredible. Do some research on the dangers of fluoride water. Did I also mention about how our bottle water is acidic and not good! This is also true of tap water.