Old 04-16-18, 02:16 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by spectastic
my mechanical happened on lap 2. it would've been no problem for them to let me back in. i was in good form for that race, and it was pretty obvious i wasn't trying to get back in the field after getting dropped. the officials likely knew this. i've gotten good results earlier in the year. we're there in the spirit of competition and for putting on a show, and I was there to provide both, yet their "discretion" was to give me the shaft. does that seem reasonable to you?

like i mentioned, the mechanic looked over my bike. the tension was where i needed to be, and the limit screws were where they needed to be. the bike was properly setup.

-------------

fwiw, i saw at least two other times in the race where people were let back in through the pit. i don't pretend to know what their predicament was, but none of them had mismatched wheels from the pit that would indicate a flat tire.

so far, the message i'm getting is that next time something like this happens, i should just throw dirt on myself and lie to the officials.

Or, alternatively, go home and say it wasn’t your day.