Old 04-17-18, 08:56 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
If you are looking for the "best", you have to specify your purpose.. best for what? racing crits? cyclocross? stage races? long hours 6+ in the saddle? casual century rides? best without budget limit?

I've been riding titanium frames since 1996, I have had owned or ridden titanium frames from Ibis, Sandvik (DBR), Voodoo, Yeti, Merlin, Litespeed, Independent Fabrication, Lynskey.. Sometimes, a different seatpost, stem or handlebar can make a frame ride totally different.
I think more importantly is to define what you are looking to accomplish (and how much you plan on spending) with your next titanium frame; not which manufacturer makes the best.
Fair Point.
In descending order of importance...you may have been able to deduce...NOT a crit bike. Bike geometry I posted is clearly an endurance geometry.

In terms of relative import:
1. ratio of vertical compliance aka smooth, absorbant ride but with good out of the saddle frame stiffness. I am 6'1" and 180 lbs of lean, old cycling body.

2. low weight. Straight wall Ti frames are both cheaper and heavier

3. cost. More open on cost understanding that an off the shelf Ti straight tube bike is going to be cheaper than a custom bike.

4. want BSA BB like everybody else and external cable routing.

Thanks for your perspective.