Thread: Bike tour
View Single Post
Old 04-17-18, 09:12 AM
Karman321

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses perhaps I shouldn’t have brought up the toothbrush. That was just an example as to how lightweight id like to travel. I might not cut the toothbrush but my bike alone weighs 13.5 lbs so I already got the hard part lightweight (could lose 5 lbs myself) but that will likely happen on this trip. I plan on eating from places on my route. Fast food, restaurants, grocery stores to buy some real fruits and veggies etc. I also plan on using warmshowers however I know I can’t rely on people, so the discrete (camping) sleeping for a couple hours then back on the bike sounds okay to me. So far I have
Electronics-
Phone, wahoo bolt, earbuds, usb battery chArger, charging cables
Toiletries-
Soap, face wash, face moisturizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, small towel
Sleeping-
Tarp, rope, stakes, sleeping bag, inflatable pillow. I see can make an enclosed tent with the use of one tree.
Clothes-
Assos skinsuit, 2 pairs of socks/boxers , 1 merino long sleeve shirt and one 1 pair of pants.

What I really want to know is what kind of landmarks should I stop for or cities should I hit. I have
cash and credit card on me so it’s not a major deal to get an Airbnb or motel if I absolutely have to but I’m trying to keep that to the minimum. Anyone who knows about bike trails or routes for a road bike from nyc to Florida please chime in thanks!