View Single Post
Old 04-18-18, 01:39 PM
Hallzzy

Bikes: Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last summer was my first time owning a bike as an adult, so I only rode it to work 3-4 times a month. I am hoping to make it more of a routine, but I think 3 times a week would be the max.

The details of my commute is around 24 km one way (essentially around the city) on nice multi-purpose paths the whole way. It takes about an hour and I have no interest in cutting through the city just to save 15 minutes off my ride. I have no shower at work, so I shower before I leave, take it easy on the way to work so I'm not drenched in sweat, and then change into work clothes that I left at work. For me to drive to work it takes 15-20 minutes.

A few of the reasons of why I don't ride to work are: baseball that night (I have to rush out of work), rain in the forcast, had a late night, forgot to take clothes the day before, have to go on the road for work that day. A lot of excuses, I know!

This summer I am going to incorporate it into my routine a lot more by being a little more prepared. I bought a rack (no bag yet) that will help me carry more things, bought a better backpack to make my back sweat less, and make it more of a priority rather than a random achievement when I decide to do it.

Any suggestions on how I can make it easier on myself?