View Single Post
Old 04-18-18, 02:39 PM
mthorste

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my experience...

I started about where you are now and probably about 20lbs heavier. I did the same thing you are doing now by checking out the big box stores. My son, who had just purchased a bike a few months prior from our local bike shop, checked with the owner and the owner suggested an Electra Townie 7D ($499). It's considered in the Comfort Bike category. I ended up buying it and began riding fairly consistently but started having issues with spokes breaking. After a few trips to the bike shop, the owner thought it best to have a rear wheel built that would deal with my weight. That only cost me $60. I have been riding that bike since last July 4th and have over 2000 miles on it. I have lost nearly 80lbs since June 1st of last year but I have to ad this caveat that while the riding has definitely helped to lose, my diet has probably been the single greatest factor. That's my experience but many others have accomplished the same or better going different routes.

Originally Posted by Lcweightlose
Hey everyone, brand new member and this is my first post. I have started eating healthy and trying to take care of my self. It seems that doing a bike ride every night could assist me in loosing weight. I have three children and a wife that all have bikes and they ride every night ( I walk) the problem is I don’t have a bunch of money to fork out for a bike. I received a link about a mongoose mountain bike. It’s a 26x4 in wheel with a steel frame. And just wondering if this bike would hold up for a while till I can build up a big enough fund for a good bike. Please and thank you for all your comments and help!