Old 04-19-18, 06:50 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Lcweightlose
Well, the Walmart version is about 199.00 and the actual mongoose one runs about 223.00 in the specs the main difference I see is the Walmart version max weight being 250 and the real version being 300. But after reading a quite the haul of reviews and asking questions there as well people who are similar to my size say it works well with upgraded seat and handlebars. Was just curious if anyone here had any personal experience with this type of bike.. if it support me for a while I feel like 223 isn’t a bad investment to get started.
Complete waste of money. Might as well take $200 and flush it down the toilet. There are bikes that might hold your weight, but this is not one of them. Any bike that sells at retail for around $200 isn't going to be great, and bikes that sell at big box stores are the worst. and that is for people half your weight.

If you are buying new, you need to at least double, and maybe triple your budget. So, $400 and more likely $600, if you budget for wheels to handle your weight. You can do better used, but you need to know what to look for, and it sound like you really don't (no offense).