Old 04-20-18, 12:32 AM
mrrabbit 

Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
I don't think every thread starter is obliged to jump through hoops for any poster that demands a picture or wants their opinion acknowledged. Especially posters that largely ignore the information already posted in the thread. THe OP sounds VERY thorough in his inspection of his frame and in trying multiple wheels.

If you believe there is some avenue left unexplored, you should point to what it could be rather than imply that withholding a photo from you is some sort of cover up.

If this was a metal frame or hadn't been closely inspected already there would be more to check or other solutions to consider. But the fact that this bike consists of small pieces of aluminum glued decades ago into unbendable carbon tubing limits what can be done without causing damage. Minorly truing up the dropouts with a file accomplishes what the OP needs without extra inspections that won't yield solutions - it doesn't matter if the whole frame is crooked if you can't fix a crooked CF frame or the dropouts can't be bent without straining the bonds.
It's not cool for the OP or someone else working with em to take something private -and expect US to take their word for it - on a thread that was PUBLIC and OPEN to start with.

Intended or not, it DOES carry the odor of "something to hide." Keywords = "intended or not"

Actually, it's kinda rude...and it is certainly NOT unreasonable to request pics / images for a further look.

It's par for the course almost here in the Bicycle Mechanics forum.

=8-P

Disclaimer:

1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:

Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life