View Single Post
Old 04-22-18, 07:28 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7379 Post(s)
Liked 2,534 Times in 1,474 Posts
I'd been itching for a ride in the country for a long time, so I finally got my chance yesterday (Saturday). I didn't get out until after 4pm, so I didn't have that much time before sunset. I didn't even think too hard about what route to take, and I didn't look at a map. I just headed out.

I had a really nice ride on my new Lemond. This one replaces the very similar Lemond, also titanium. Andy_antipas and I traded. He had the bigger one, and mine was too small for me.

I've been over the Mohonk climb of the Shawangunk Ridge five times according to ridewithgps, and this was my slowest time of all. Oh well. I did hit 42 mph on the way down. The bike is a bit squirrely. Maybe I can mitigate that with wider tires and a longer stem extension.

Before the ride, I found my rear tire flat. Rather than go through all the usual trouble, I just inflated it to see what happened. It held. Halfway through my ride, I realized I had forgotten to bring a pump. Oops. But I didn't have a problem. I got home and saw that I had forgotten my wallet which I always carry with me, so if I got injured and disabled, no one would know who I am.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.