Old 04-23-18, 03:29 AM
Obeast
100% Certified Beast

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. Some people are against interruptor brake levers but if I find cheap deals I will install them on all my bikes. I like the idea of having options.

Originally Posted by BobG
@Obeast

The Cowbell is a fairly conventional drop bar with only a very slight cant/splay to the drop section. That looks like the Woodchipper in your photo, similar to the Midge bar that I replaced.

Lots of folks like a dirt drop bar like the Woodchipper for its wider width in the drop section for added control in rough terrain. The wrist angle is also comfortable in the drops. Maybe slightly easier to reach brake levers for small hands. Often that style of bar is positioned higher than normal making the drop section the primary position.

The brake hoods are my primary position and I found the slightly more comfortable splay of the Midge (Cowchipper shape) drops came at the expense of a compromised level of comfort on the hoods. The canted (out of plumb) brake levers felt okay at first but I soon got squirmy on them.

I can't ride on drops for any long period of time as that position interferes with my breathing and tires my neck to look up to the road. Braking is also a stretch for my small hands. I use interupter levers for more powerful braking at the tops.

1- Woodchipper
2- Cowchipper
3- Cowbell
4- Cowbell with brake levers...