CMBravo

Bikes: Fuji Altamira 1.3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keto routines

Originally Posted by dkyser
I am now down 152 lbs, and officially can ride my Trek Domane that has a 275 lb weight limit. Starting from well over 400 lbs this has been a goal for a long time.

I am still lifting and doing Keto & IF and although my strength gains are very small lifting heavy is still possible. I do compound lifting and cardio is as good as it has ever been.

I can even do great rides and cardio on long fasts. I do believe your body can use fat for energy, no other way to explain it.

I do eat a cheeseburger and fries about once a month but this is very planned out. I do a 24 hour fast, end it with burger and fries and then another fast with lots of cardio in that 24 hours. I test my blood ketones and still in ketosis.

Not sure how important the fasting is, but I do this to keep from falling out of ketosis. Like someone told me, get the fire hot enough 1 meal won't kick you out.
I wonder if you had some months in your weight loss where you where stock in a range? I loss 72 pounds since Aug of 2016. Now 205 but stuck there for 2-3 mths. I eat mostly once a day. no breakfast .A good meal around 2-3 in the afternoon. in the evening sometimes cheese ,nuts or soups. I ride 2-3 times a week 20-25 miles avg 15mph.Would like to reach 175 lbs but feel stuck .Reading your post ,I get impression I should be going to gym .
I have noticed lower abs are showing some sagging from weight loss. Must add ,I admire what you have done!