View Single Post
Old 04-28-18, 08:02 PM
Karman321

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reppans
Love seeing folks interested in pushing the extreme limits (sacrifice comfort and screw budgets) you should be weighting in at <20lbs of base weight (bike and gear excl. consumables) which would blow away the 28lbs base weight of the next lightest bike tourer I've ever [previously] seen here - sexy cyclist. 15L is tight but feasible for that gear list - I've done overnight hikes from a 10L fanny pack (+3L for consumables in bottle pockets). I had no extra changes of clothing, but much more comfortable accommodations (shelter, bedding, kitchen/bar). Only major must haves I see (and mentioned by others) are a sleeping pad and ground sheet which could be done for 0.5L/lb with a Klymit Xlite and Polycryo, and arguably a 3oz S2S Nano bug netting for the Southeastern hospitality crew (bugs)..... although that may not be effective for all the poisonous snake and gator warnings you tend to see down there .

Do you have pics of your loaded bike and a campsite example?

Also, that's gotta be pricey gear.... what do you have for security? How about tools, at least tire repair? Are these part of the bike weight? (I see road bikes in the 10lbs range).
I sent in my application for my pistol permit. Would be awesome to get a micro pistol, but waiting on that permit first