Old 04-29-18, 01:16 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox Farm
The front end of that bike is all wrong. Too much steering tube and the bars are rotated up and the whole thing looks un balanced. I also don't like that seat post, a Specialized branded item. I also would agree with one of the other comments that perhaps this frame is incorrect for the rider with so much seat post and stem height showing.
I appreciate the comments. The frame size was a tough decision for me. I'm somewhere between a 56 or a 58 at 6 ft tall. Coming off a more upright riding Sirrus fitness hybrid bike I wanted a similar riding position with the ability ride on the drops as well, so I chose the 56. As it is, I find it a bit too upright for my tastes.

The frame design is a bit gimmicky for sure. The high seat post, oversize upper seat post tube, and low seat post clamp provide compliance. The same with the high stem height, the future shock set-up requires a much higher profile for operation. The bars even have a rise to them to increase the more upright riding position. Endurance design rather than a traditional racy design.

Future upgrades will include a standard style seat post (I hate the turkey neck), and a more neutral stem with no rise bars.

As I have said before, it does have an odd look to it. It is comfortable but it surely isn't a traditional hot road bike.