View Single Post
Old 04-29-18, 03:19 PM
mikemowbz

Bikes: Are several.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 21 Posts
This is a very cool, very practical, and rather versatile bike - and it's great to see the progression as you make modifications for your use.

The TA crank and rack make great additions.

I'm especially interested by the light bracket made from an old chainring, machined down to a small section with two bolt holes and a slight upward arc from the attachment point at the rack - resourceful, and aesthetically pleasing. I might have to try that idea out myself, as I am about to set out installing a dynamo setup on my commuting/touring/monstercross bike.

I have to agree that the look of the old quill stem is more pleasing, though if you need the stack height in the front to bring the bar up for comfort and enjoyment - do what you have to do to make the bike more rideable! I might consider, if I was in your position, something like the VO high-rise quill (or a vintage equivalent with a long quill and a bit of rise): https://velo-orange.com/collections/.../vo-quill-stem.

To my North American eyes, the rear wheel lock and bottle dynamo in front really add some additional, distinctively European flavour!