Old 04-29-18, 04:49 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
That explains it. I wasn't grasping it was about Subscribed threads.

Why is is a big deal anyway? If you no longer are interested in the thread just unsubscribe.

And as a matter of practicality I never subscribe to entire forums. I tend to look over the latest posts listed in the parent directory then choose from those or go right into a forum to seem what is listed with some current posts. I get at least 2 dozen email notifications (weekly, on Sundays) and go through them, mostly in that email, then scroll down and usually click the unsubscribe link BF places at the bottom if I have no further interest. There are still several I keep notifications for, these are regular interests like threads in Foo.

If I subscribed to an entire forum I would be lost, swamped. On the other hand, I know where I was when I last left that thread and can refer to page ONE to go back and refresh.

If you have stuff from 2008 do go back and unsubscribe from that. I tend to recognize what I know recently. You can just kill the subscriptions option and start fresh again as a RESET as well.

Just keep managing your subscriptions. If you're done, leave the thread.