View Single Post
Old 04-29-18, 07:10 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Raleigh Pro, Trek Cycle Cross, Mongoose tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1674 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by le mans View Post
for example i have 3 new alu v rims, and 3 old ten speed wheels, with bend/rusted rims, which i can def give a better use, IF i could fit it all together

If the new rims are 700c, and if the old 10 speed wheels are from 5X2 geared bike.. i'm guessing they're 27"? then i doubt the spokes will fit

& then there's the amount of holes to consider, do they both take the same amount of spokes?!
LM- As I reread the OP I suspect you are correct in his wondering about swapping rims on hubs, not whether wheels will interchange on a bike. I have to admit that many ask questions in a way that leaves some to the reader to decide what's really being sought out. When I was a student I have argued with teachers about less then obvious questions, usually still lost the points Andy