Old 04-29-18, 09:43 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4276 Post(s)
Liked 3,000 Times in 1,844 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
That explains it. I wasn't grasping it was about Subscribed threads.

Why is is a big deal anyway? If you no longer are interested in the thread just unsubscribe.

And as a matter of practicality I never subscribe to entire forums. I tend to look over the latest posts listed in the parent directory then choose from those or go right into a forum to seem what is listed with some current posts. I get at least 2 dozen email notifications (weekly, on Sundays) and go through them, mostly in that email, then scroll down and usually click the unsubscribe link BF places at the bottom if I have no further interest. There are still several I keep notifications for, these are regular interests like threads in Foo.

If I subscribed to an entire forum I would be lost, swamped. On the other hand, I know where I was when I last left that thread and can refer to page ONE to go back and refresh.

If you have stuff from 2008 do go back and unsubscribe from that. I tend to recognize what I know recently. You can just kill the subscriptions option and start fresh again as a RESET as well.

Just keep managing your subscriptions. If you're done, leave the thread.
I go to new posts to see what's currently being discussed an if any of that interests me. The previous versions all had the start date of any threads so I could see if someone had resurrected a zombie thread before I clicked into it no matter how interesting the title. Now I have to click into it, look at the date, see if I want to proceed or click back out. A few mouse clicks and a couple seconds of my time, but its an added frustration that didn't used to be here.