View Single Post
Old 04-30-18, 07:39 AM
BigChief

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by paulb_in_bkln
To do that wire brush stuff I beg an extension cord from the building's super and he lets me run it out a basement window so I can work outside. Don't hold out much hope for those original spokes, though. Another crazy thought: The guy I overhauled that Space Rider for five years ago, I know he would like a diamond frame, adult size version, too. So I'm thinking about trying to spring the U-lock on that derelict Sports. He leaves for business in Italy over the entire summer so I'd have quite a few months to pull a whole bike together. It'd be kind of the perfect ride as he and his family have nowhere but outside to park a bike.
Wow, you really are old fashioned. I haven't seen a plug in drill since the 90s. Most of the time I use a fence wire cutter to snip off the rusted spokes and salvage the rims and hubs. Although, sometimes it's good the have usable wheels ready to do things like buy a cheap stepthrough with really clean wheels, swap them out, get the stepthrough working again and recouping at least some of the money.