View Single Post
Old 04-30-18, 08:10 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
I personally use headsets like the LG Tone, which are necklace sorts of things with normal earbuds to go up to the ear. I use these because they work nicely on the bike with just one earbud in (the right), but also because I can wear them while running power tools with earmuffs (ear defenders) on and they don't catch or ram into my ear as the two that you linked to would.

http://a.co/hiribRJ

Downside: The microphone on mine is mediocre. But mine are also quite old, several generations back. New generations may have fixed that.

I have some cheap $30 "TaoTronic" headsets coming to play with. Mainly because they promise to stay in my ear when running, and they look like they could also have ear defenders on over them comfortably.

http://a.co/hEKdv1j
It took a year for me to get back to this and actually buy new earbuds. I bought two options similar to the ones ItsJustMe recommended. Here's my thoughts on the two I got:

ToTronics TT-BH024 $26.99 on Amazon - I got these based on the low-price (low risk) and the good reviews on the mic quality. These aren't a great fit for my ear, they are kinda heavy on the ear, and the left bud hangs very heavy and hard to secure when only using the right bud. Sound quality is very good, controls are easy to work, the mic works well for calls and voice commands. I haven't had a chance to test the battery life.

Skullcandy Method $47.99 at Best Buy - I got these after testing Lisa's pair (I should have started here to save $26.99). These are the necklace style, keeping the battery, mic, etc on your neck and short cables for the earbuds. These fit very nice, keep the weight off the ear, keeps the right bud secure when your not using it, great sound, no issues with mic quality ... frankly I don't have a negative comment about these earbuds. I haven't had a chance to test the battery life.