View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 12:46 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
I stopped usign my car about 6 years ago and scrapped it about 2 years ago. I know. I should have done it sooner. I have found I need:

A luggage rack on my (road) bike.
A change of clothes (and hopefully a shower) stashed in all the place I go to, or the same in my bag.
Bike shoes and normal shoes stashed, if possible, in all the places (home, work, other home, and car) that you arrive/depart from
Cleat protectors for when you do have to walk in road shoes, or use mtb shoes, or clipless pedals.
A large rucksack is a must. Remove the top bar of one of those old fashioned framed rucksack or otherwise prevent it from come up too far so that you can't raise your head. Maybe it is possible to cut the top off the piece of plastic (?) board inside modern non-framed rucksacks. I'd like panniers too.
Cheap tubes/tires in quantity, and spares of both for emergencies (Chain Reaction's Lifeline range are good!)
Super high visibility wear and lights because you will be cycling in low visibility conditions
Rain wear, warm wear, super big gloves, and handlebar fairings since you you will be forced to ride in all weather
A visor on your helmet for the same all-weather reason
Padded handle bars
Research on low traffic routes and a smart phone for navigation
A wife with a car (blush)